Could Jefferson Green Park become home to Lakewood's next community garden?
While survey respondents live all over Lakewood, a cluster of those who identified as interested in becoming part of a community garden live in southeast Lakewood. Staff reviewed the responses, then looked at potential locations that meet the following criteria:
1. Land is owned by the City
2. The location has access to water
3. The location has an open and flat area that would typically receive lots of sunshine
4. The area has garden maintenance access
5. The area does not have too many competing interests (such as heavily used fields and other amenities)
6. The location has parking availability
Jefferson Green Park, 3333 S. Field St, could be an ideal location for the next garden as it meets the criteria and seems to be an area close to interested gardeners. The City and Denver Urban Gardens will hold a public meeting and design workshop at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 13 at Bear Creek K-8 School to review this idea with the public and solicit feedback.