How big are these trees?
These trees in their containers will be approximately 10 feet tall and 3 to 4 feet wide.
How much does a tree cost?
The city is offering premium shade trees for $75. Trees of similar quality typically retail at $135 or more.
How can I order a tree through this initiative?
If you are a resident of Lakewood, you can pre-order a discounted tree through the Lakewood Loves Trees program. Click here and submit payment online, or call or visit any Lakewood recreation center front desk. Trees are available to purchase through May 25, 2019 or until supplies last. Limit one tree per household.
- Carmody Recreation Center, 720-963-5360, 2200 S. Kipling St.
- Green Mountain Recreation Center, 303-987-7830, 13198 W. Green Mountain Drive.
- Lakewood Link Recreation Center, 303-987-5400, 1295 S. Reed St.
- Whitlock Recreation Center, 303-987-4800, 1555 Dover St.
Can I order more than one tree?
No, there is a limit one per household.
Where and when do I pick up a tree I ordered?
What kind of vehicle do I need to pick up my tree?
truck or SUV is preferred as it will be difficult to load the trees into cars
(but not impossible!). A tarp or blanket to protect the vehicle's interior upholstery is recommended.
Do I need a permit to plant a tree?
You do not need a permit to plant a tree on your property. You do, however, need to make sure that the space you would like to plant a tree is at least 5 feet from buried utility lines. Call the Utility Notification Center of Colorado at 1-800-922-1987 to have your underground utilities marked. This is a free service!
- Read the tree spacing requirements and plan for your tree before ordering.
What tools do I need to plant my tree?
- Utility knife or scissors
- Water source
- Hose or bucket
Handy to have:
- Tarp to pile soil on
- Pickaxe in case of tough soil or roots
Do I have to plant my tree right away?
strongly advise you to plant your tree immediately. If you are unable to plant it right away, you must keep the roots from drying out.