To add a pin, begin by selecting a category
- This historic district was purchased by the O’Kane family in 1895 and served as a dairy farm. It was purchased for use as a park in 1978 and 2001.
- This school was the oldest continuously operating school in Jefferson County; it was transferred to the Foothills Parks and Recreation District in 1963, and it is now owned by Lakewood to offer arts and crafts classes.
- This is one of the last operating farms in Lakewood and it’s family owned by the descendants of the 1876 homesteader!
- It’s hard to miss this restaurant with its 240 square foot sign sporting a 17-foot cowboy. It first opened its doors in 1957!
- This house was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1981 because of its representative of the farming and dairy history of the Bear Creek area. It is often referred to with two last names.
- Located just outside of Lakewood, this cemetery served as a burial ground for the many Jewish tuberculosis patients who came to Colorado for a cure. Most were patients from the Jewish Consumptive Relief Society (JCRS).
- In 1941, the federal government purchased more than 2,000 acres of land to build an ammunition plant. Today, the land has more than 200 buildings, and the public can visit for genealogy and historical research.
- This building’s walls are covered with stones from Bear Creek. Constructed in the early 1860s, it is the oldest Lakewood building still standing in its original location.
- This site served a leading role in the nation’s development of the hospice movement in the 1970s and received numerous commendations from all levels of government for its years of dedicated service and community contributions.
CLOSED: This map consultation has concluded